With my patio already full of plants and no more space for big planters, my desire for more plants is causing me to be creative. I also am always looking for unique gifts for people, so I took these situations (small space + unique gift) and created a very easy DIY way to solve these "dilemmas". I decided to take a few pictures and share with you, in case you are interested in a quick (+ cheap!) way to grow herbs.
- cleaned out empty tin can (I used a chickpea can)
- potting soil
- seeds of choice (this time, I planted dill)
(seriously, that's it!)
1. Place a handful of rocks on the bottom of the can. This helps with drainage so the roots aren't sitting directly in water.
2. Fill can with potting soil. Following the depth suggestion on the seed packet, make small holes and place seeds inside. Lightly cover with soil and sprinkle with water.
3. Place in the sun and water as suggested on the seed packet. Enjoy fresh herbs with your summer cooking!
What are you planting this spring? Let us know in the comments below!